What support can you get from the libraries?
The libraries offer guidance in reference management, among other things – both individually and in groups. Contact your subject library to see how they can assist you!
Several of the libraries have created resources on reference management, including:
- Reference management - a LibGuide by Faculty of Engineering, LTH
- Reference management - a LibGuide by Social Sciences Faculty Library
- Academic writing & references - films by Social Sciences Faculty Library
See also the Writingguide.se, which is a collaboration between several universities in Sweden. This resource provides support on how to write academic texts, for example how to manage sources and references.
Are you writing in English you can get support from the guide AWELU.
Plagiarism is not accepted within the academic world. Read more about this on our web page on Academic integrity.
There are several different systems for how to manage references and citations. When writing academic texts, it is important to follow the tradition which applies to the subject in question.
- Contact your subject library to find out what referencing style applies within your subject area.
Reference management software
To facilitate the handling of references there are several programs you can use. As a student or employee at Lund University you can benefit from the collective licenses for EndNote and RefWorks.
- Read more on our web page on Reference management programs.