The library board leads the activities collective to all the libraries at Lund University and is also the board of the University Library.
The chair of the library board is appointed by the vice-chancellor; for the 2015–2017 period the chair is Olov Sterner. All faculties are represented on the board.
The board takes decisions on issues concerning the collective orientation of shared library activities. Among the board’s responsibilities are the following:
- to establish the strategic plan for the library network,
- to be responsible for quality enhancement in shared library activities,
- to decide on guidelines for the provision of information within the library organisation,
- to decide on general rules for the services the libraries provide to students and employees, and
- to cooperate with other parts of the University.
The library board also takes decisions on the University Library’s budget.
- Viktor Öwall, Chair
Members appointed by the faculties
- Agnes Andersson Djurfeldt, S
- Barbara Törnkvist-Plewa, HT
- Heiko Herwald, M
- Håkan Carlsson, Library Director
- Sven Lidin, N
- Gunilla Herdenberg, National Library of Sweden
- Lars Burman, Uppsala university
Student representatives 1/7 2021-30/6 2022:
- Rasmus Göransson
- Patrik Gustafsson
- Magnus Karlsson, ST
- Marie Hoen, SACO
- Lena Landgren, UB, Secretary