The chair of the library board is appointed by the vice-chancellor; for the 2015–2017 period the chair is Olov Sterner. All faculties are represented on the board.
The board takes decisions on issues concerning the collective orientation of shared library activities. Among the board’s responsibilities are the following:
- to establish the strategic plan for the library network,
- to be responsible for quality enhancement in shared library activities,
- to decide on guidelines for the provision of information within the library organisation,
- to decide on general rules for the services the libraries provide to students and employees, and
- to cooperate with other parts of the University.
The library board also takes decisions on the University Library’s budget.
Members of the library board 2017
- Olov Sterner, Faculty of Science
Members appointed by the faculties
- Samuel Byrskog, Faculty of Humanities & Theology
- Gudrun Edgren, Faculty of Medicine
- Christofer Edling, Faculty of Social Sciences
- Tomas Hellström, Faculty of Economics & Management
- Anders Ljungar-Chapelon, Faculty of Fine & Performing Arts
- Per Nilsén, Faculty of Law
- Jan-Åke Nilsson, Faculty of Science
- Erik Swietlicki, Faculty of Engineering
- Eva Nylander, Acting University Librarian
- Lasse Bourelius, Blekinge Institute of Technology, the Library
- Kristian Jensen, British Library, London
- Agneta Olsson, Gothenburg University Library
- Eric Mace
- Jack Senften
- Anders Törnkvist
A representative for each of the employee organisations SACO, SEKO and OFR/ST has the right to attend meetings and to make statements.
- Marie Hoen, SACO
Lena Landgren, University Library
lena [dot] landgren [at] ub [dot] lu [dot] se