Why Open Data?
There are a number of different reasons why we try to find solutions for describing, storing and sharing research data at LU.
Apart from the fact that more and more funding bodies require researchers to do so, there are many other aspects of the importance of disseminating and making data accessible.
Why open data?
- To avoid unnecessary duplicates of collected data
- To recreate/confirm previous research
- To enable other researchers to reuse the research data
- To create the opportunity to cite research data collected by others
- To highlight the research and its impact